Future of the events according to Convention+
CONVENTION + is part of Trip Group, which has started operating on 1st February, 1990. The company, based in Zakopane and Warsaw organises congresses, conferences and workshops, training both at home and abroad. It owes its professionalism, flexibility and the ability to understand customer expectations thanks to the experience gained while organising many MICE events. Convention + can be proud of the trust of several dozen clients from the medical industry, which resulted in the realisation of numerous congress projects, implemented for the health sector on a national and international scale.
2020 promised to be the best year in the company’s history. Convention + had 20 conferences and congresses confirmed, including 5 international ones. The attention of all employees was focused on the upcoming events, no one expected that the situation could change drastically. The coronavirus pandemic, which reached Poland in March 2020, caused a number of changes in the organisation of office work. The company had to take decisive action to transfer some events to on-line mode, and those requiring attendance had to be rescheduled. The first weeks were mainly associated with the exchange of thousands of e-mails with subcontractors, participants and sponsors.
Convention + productively used the lockdown time through the following actions:
- increasing online activity,
- improving the mailing system,
- updating the existing database of participants and companies,
- developing cooperation with the best streaming company in Poland,
- preparation of a comprehensive offer for the organisation of hybrid and on-line conferences,
- effective division of new duties among employees.
After an intense period of preparation, the time has come for the first project.
Convention + had the pleasure to organise the 11th Congress of the Polish Society of Vascular Surgery, which took place on 25-27th September 2020 under the scientific leadership of Professor Arkadiusz Jawień in a hybrid form. Over 350 participants took part in the conference, and the whole event was divided into three 3-hour lecture blocks. An important element of the conference was the organisation of the General Meeting of the Society’s Members with an election of the new Management Board. The meeting went efficiently and smoothly.
The preparation of a hybrid conference presents the organiser with new challenges that did not take place or were not so important for stationary conferences. The most important are:
- creating a professional recording studio,
- seamless connection of on-site lectures with remote presentations, regardless of the hardware and software used by individual lecturers,
- maintaining accurate timing throughout the entire conference,
- technical preparation of lecturers and participants,
- additional technical security obtained thanks to auxiliary servers and increasing the Internet connection capacity,
- special emphasis on the security of data transmission – access only for registered recipients.
In the near future, congresses and conferences will only be possible on-line and hybrid. For this reason, Convention + has adapted to the new working conditions and can offer services at the highest level. As part of the cooperation, we propose:
- high-quality streaming to any number of participants – both for small meetings and these with an audience of many thousands;
- full, legal and financial service of the event;
- providing comprehensive technical facilities for the event;
- creating graphic visualisations of conferences and a dedicated website enabling fast and secure registration, on-line transmission and a virtual exhibition of companies;
- contact and technical support for lecturers and recipients;
- promoting the event online by running social media, mailing to a selected recipient base and acquiring media patronage.
The realisation of each event is supervised by a dedicated coordinator supported by an experienced one and good team. Convention + will undertake the performance of each event, guaranteeing full commitment and professionalism.
Congress Department Director
Mobile: 0048 604 998 418